Following a five-day working visit to Morocco, including to Dakhla, a delegation of Young Democrats of America and their counterparts a the PAM party issued on Sunday a joint statement focused on bilateral cooperation, the Sahara dispute and socio-economic development in this region of North Africa.
The joint statement:
“At the invitation of the Authenticity and Modernity Party (PAM), a delegation representing the Young Democrats of America toured the Kingdom of Morocco, during March 31 to April 4th , 2021, where the delegation held a series of meetings and participated in a number of activities with the PAM youth.
During a meeting with the Secretary-General of the Authenticity and Modernity Party in the presence of the party leaders, a number of issues concerning youth and Moroccan-American relations were discussed, and opportunities for developing partnerships and cooperations between the youth and women of the Young Democrats of America and the Authenticity and Modernity Party were discussed.
In a meeting between the American delegation and the youth and women of the Authenticity and Modernity Party, various challenges and stakes facing young people in the world were brought up, with the experiences swaps in order to benefit from them and advance political and civic practice and to ensure the effective participation of youth and women in crucial issues of their countries.
In Dakhla the American delegation confirmed that Dakhla Oued eddahab region and with it the southern regions of the Kingdom of Morocco, is rich in great potential, and has witnessed remarkable development during the recent years, as the American delegation held a meeting with Dakhla Oued eddahab’s Regional Investment Council chairman, and visites an agricultural cooperative of young entrepreneurs, which reflects motivation and determination of Dakhla’s youth to develop the economy locally and nationwide.
This visit was also marked by the participation of the Young Democrats of America delegation in a round table where the autonomy plan for the southern provinces and emphasized the following points:
– The autonomy plan for the southern provinces remains the only serious and credible proposal for a solution to this manufactured conflict under the full sovereignty of Morocco over its Sahara.
– This meeting addressed misinformation of the Moroccan Autonomy plan in global discussions.
– Supporting the U.S. State Department’s decision to recognize the full sovereignty of the Kingdom of Morocco over its southern territories by the United States of America.
– Calling foreign investors, especially young people, to take advantage of the opportunities available in the southern Moroccan regions and to contribute to the great development that these regions know.
Agreement on exchanging conversations between the PAM and the American Democratic Youth, in order to benefit from experiences and expertises in issues such as health, climate change, and civil liberties in addition to the Moroccan autonomy plan.
– Strengthening political dialogue and bilateral cooperation between the two organizations to coordinate issues concerning youth in Morocco and the United States of America.
– Launching a joint goal to boost investment opportunities between young Americans and their Moroccan counterparts.
As a conclusion of this visit, the American delegation expressed its deep gratitude and thanks to the Authenticity and Modernity Party and its youth leadership and militants, and to the Moroccan people for their great hospitality and their happiness with this visit to the Kingdom of Morocco. Despite the pandemic situation that the whole world is going through, specifically the potential development that Morocco shows, and the strong youth’s determination, skills, and ambitions to advance the development of the country and Africa.”