The Moroccan embassy in China said on Saturday that no case of contamination by the coronavirus has been reported among the Moroccan community residing in China.
“To date, Friday, February 7, 2020, fortunately, no case of contamination by the coronavirus within the community, including members of the embassy, has been reported,” the embassy said in a statement.
It recommends that the safety instructions issued by the Chinese authorities be strictly followed, particularly with regard to travel and measures to prevent the spread of the disease.
“The crisis unit within the embassy, under the direct supervision of Aziz Mekouar, ambassador of His Majesty the King, and in close cooperation with the Moroccan and Chinese authorities, is constantly monitoring the evolution of the situation throughout the territory of the People’s Republic of China,” the statement added.
The four telephone numbers previously communicated remain available to members of the Moroccan community residing in China who wish to contact the embassy, all of whose members will remain mobilized and will spare no effort to ensure the well-being and security of Moroccan citizens in China, according to the same source.
The Moroccan embassy in Beijing has previously called on all members of the Moroccan community, in case of need for consular assistance, to contact its services via the telephone numbers: 18701097187, 18701122273, 15652198381 or 18701156920.
Last Sunday, a special Royal Air Maroc flight carrying Moroccans from the Chinese city of Wuhan, quarantined by local authorities after the spread of the coronavirus, landed at Benslimane airport with 167 passengers on board, including 52 women.
This repatriation operation had been carried out in accordance with the High instructions of HM King Mohammed VI, in full coordination between all the departments concerned.