Since last week, rumours had circulated in Morocco’s capital about “the imminent fall of 14 senior officials” involved in the scandalous delay of Al Hoceima Manarat Al Moutawassit projects. Ultimately, it is El Othmani’s Cabinet which announced the “bad” news to those whom were concerned, including ministries’ General secretaries.
Atlas Info site was the first to reveal the verdict on Monday morning, followed by TelQuel in Arabic.
At the top of the list of senior officials affected by “the royal anger”: Abdelouahed Fikrat, Secretary General of the Prime Minister for “his responsibilities” as Secretary General of the Ministry of Environment under Hakima El Haité who is part, herself, of the list of ministers to whom “no official responsibility will be entrusted in the future”, by royal decision.
Secretaries-General of the Ministries of Tourism, Nadia Roudies, Habitat, Fatna Chihab, Culture, Mohamed Lotfi Mrini, National Education, Youssef Belkassmi, and Health, Abdelali Alaoui Belghiti, are also concerned.
According to TelQuel, the news was “confirmed” except for “the dismissal” of the North Agency’s Chief, Mounir El Bouyoussfi.
It is expected that further dismissals will be announced and may concern a total of 14 senior officials, the same source said.
A source at the prime ministry told TelQuel it has “taken note of the decisions, but claims to have no information at present concerning the list of the officials concerned”.
The persons concerned have been notified of their dismissal administratively, said TelQuel adding that the secretary general of the Ministry of Youth and Sports has also been dismissed, as well as Rouh Al Islam Chimi, director of the budget within the same ministry.