In Morocco, a thousand associations sent a memorandum to all concerned political authorities to implement the official emergency status of the Amazigh language and related organic laws.This initiative was made public Tuesday, November 3 in Rabat, during a meeting with national and international media.
Excerpts of the memorandum:
After much noticed and illustrated delay since 2011 in the effective implementation of the official status of the Amazigh language, the memorandum expressed several requirements:
- End the discrimination between the two official languages, Arabic and Amazigh.
- Moroccans benefit from the scientific, literary, artistic and philosophical contribution of the Amazigh language by institutionalizing it.
- Provide the conditions necessary to make a choke point in the performance of professional duties (Amazigh argument …).
- Include Amazigh in all sectors of public life (education, media …).
- Make an inseparable Amazigh system of cultural values of justice, equality and dignity (lever to the success of the transition to democracy …).
The rapid and adequate solutions for the implementation of the memorandum, as noted:
- Give priority in organic laws to implement its official language status.
- Recognize that the Amazigh language and the Arabic language are equal in all institutions of the state and different spheres of public life.
- Strengthening official bilingualism in the various sectors and areas of public life.
- Benefit the Arab and Amazigh languages to the same financial and human resources in all sectors.
- Create institutions to support the implementation of the steps of the organic laws for the Amazigh in the different government departments and sectors.
- Strengthen educational and didactic achievements and standardize the Amazigh language transcribing the alphabet in its original form “Tifinagh”.